The lift giving access to platforms 13 and 14 at Manchester Piccadilly station are to be refurbished.
The upgrade will make step-free access more reliable for passengers.
Work will start on Monday 3 January 2022 and take place until Monday 18 April 2022.
We understand this work will be disruptive to our passengers. This is why we are working closely with our colleagues from the train operators serving platforms 13 and 14 to develop a robust transport plan.
Throughout the work, we’ll ensure that:
- Step free passenger journeys from platforms 13 and 14 can continue
- Staff are on hand at the station to assist all passengers who need help getting to and from platforms 13 and 14
- A safe, comfortable and reliable fixed stair-riser is installed providing alternative step-free access between the concourse and platforms
- Information is available about alternative journey options for passengers wishing to travel via other accessible stations
- Clear information is in place for passengers ahead of and during the closure – both physically at stations and online
We’ll also be recommending that where possible, passengers who need step-free access or assistance with luggage, book assisted travel in advance with their train operator.
If you’d like more information about the project or our developing plans to keep passengers moving and informed, please let me know.
Click here for more information.